Vacancy for Franchise Contract Manager
|Job Title:||Franchise Contract Manager|
Safety Critical - click here to find out more
|Salary:||competitive + excellent benefits including free travel on GTR services|
|Hours of Work:||office hours + flexibility when required|
|Job Expires:||02 Sep 2019 at 11:45PM|
About Govia Thameslink Railway
Purpose of the Franchise Contract Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to be at the core of Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR) Franchise Management activity, working across the breadth of GTR and developing great working relationships with the Department for Transport (DfT). Each day will bring new exciting challenges for which you will be at the heart of driving and deciding the way forward.
This role will report to but work closely in conjunction with the Senior Franchise Compliance Manager and will enable you to be involved in all relevant Franchise Agreement matters across Govia Thameslink Railway Limited (GTR).
You will be ensuring business compliance with the Franchise Agreement by building strong internal relationships and influencing and supporting Directors and Senior Managers across GTR to deliver key contractual information and outputs in a timely and accurate manner. Developing and maintaining effective and trusted working relationships with the Department for Transport (DfT) Contract Team is crucial.
You will work with DfT and GTR management to translate and seek clarity in respect of the requirements of the Franchise Agreement so that you can confidently brief management to ensure that they understand their responsibilities and effectively deliver the contractual requirements.
You will collate, analyze and translate data from across the business to enable you to produce periodic and ad-hoc reports for the DfT, GTR internal purposes and other third parties which will give you an excellent opportunity to obtain a good insight and understanding of what’s happening across the whole GTR business.
You will be responsible for all administration which will be inclusive of the management of GTR’s internal Franchise Agreement Data Matrix and the DfT Contract Management System (Sirion). Receiving and processing DfT correspondence and information requests in an effective and timely manner will be a key day to day activity.
Facilitate the completion of Franchise Agreement evidence packs in conjunction with management across the business and ensuring that these packs are complete and accurate to show that GTR has complied with the requirements of the Franchise Agreement.
You will be working with GTR management to mitigate future risk of potential non-compliance with the Franchise Agreement requirements.
- Support Senior Franchise Compliance Manager with the management and development of the working relationship with the DfT
- Positive feedback from the DfT on the strength and nature of its relationship with the Franchise Contract Manager
- Ensure timely and compliant communication with the DfT including the delivery of good quality evidence
- Support Senior Franchise Compliance Manager with the continuation of the effective working relationship with Directors and Leaders at GTR
- Working with those leaders to empower them to ensure completion of all Franchise Agreement deliverables and that evidence submitted is timely and of a good quality
- Efficient, timely and well-coordinated resolution of any issues
- Robust administrative procedures to ensure that Franchise activities are logged logically
Key Success Criteria
- Continually positive and strong working relationship with the DfT
- DfT contractual breaches avoided
- Positive and effective working relationship with Directors and Leaders across GTR
- Effective and robust compliance management regime implemented and sustained
- Timely delivery of evidence and DfT sign-off for franchise obligations
- Accurate, Timely, Compliant and effective reporting to DfT and internally within the business
- Accurate and complete Franchise Management data systems and records
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications
The job demands the following blend of experience/knowledge, skills and behaviours (all are essential, unless otherwise shown and will be assessed by application and/or interview/assessment):
- Ability to tailor information to suit the needs of different audiences
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, influencing and relationship management skills
- Enquiring mind and not accepting information at face value
- Ability to read and understand contract requirements and assess the suitability of evidence
- Numerate and comfortable with evidencing compliance with financial obligations
- Ability to write clear and concise reports with the ability to summarise contractual issues whilst remaining lucid, accurate and succinct
- Combination of organisational and interpersonal skills relevant to achieving compliant outcomes whilst facilitating others to deliver their responsibilities
- Experience of relationship building and achieving desired outcomes through negotiation and influencing at all levels
- Able to work to tight deadlines and resilient in approach
- Experience of data management, reporting and analysis
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office, Outlook, 365, PowerPoint
- Experience of data collation and reporting
- Handling commercial contracts - desirable
- Working in a regulated / Compliance driven environment - desirable
- Knowledge of railway industry – desirable
- Graduate Level qualification / demonstrable equivalent experience
- Some understanding of GTR Franchise Agreement
- Some understanding of the rail industry and key stakeholders
For further information, please contact Marcia Watson - Senior Franchise Compliance Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
|Job Profile document||Download|