Vacancy for Depot Operations Training Assessor
|Job Title:||Depot Operations Training Assessor|
|Hours of Work:||Mon - Fri|
|Job Expires:||24 Sep 2017 at 11:45PM|
About Govia Thameslink Railway
Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR) is a dynamic and progressive company, powered by a great team of dedicated and professional people. We employ approximately 6,800 staff based at over 100 locations over the UK’s busiest rail network.
We operate trains on the Thameslink Route (which runs between Bedford, Luton, Sevenoaks, Gatwick and Brighton); Great Northern route (which connects King’s Lynn, Cambridge and Peterborough) Southern Route (which connects London, Gatwick and Brighton) and the Gatwick Express (London direct Gatwick).
We are the largest train operating company in the UK (22% of all passenger rail journeys in the UK); managing 239 stations and delivering 273 million passenger journeys per year, with more passengers, more people and more trains than anyone else in the country.
GTR is part of Govia - a partnership between two world-class transport operators – the Go-Ahead Group and Keolis.
We have a brand new opportunity in our Operations department to work as a Depot Operations Training Assessor based at Three Bridges Depot. You will be reporting to the Depot Operations Manager.
The purpose of this role is to provide a comprehensive railway operational and safety training service to all staff at Three Bridges depot. You will be working with the local team leaders and managers from all departments to assist in identifying training needs and the preparation of training material and delivery of training courses.
As the Depot Operations Training Assessor, you will be expected to:
- Ensure compliance with all training requirements of GTR staff within the Three Bridges Train Care Depot
- Development and delivery of all training in required subjects as directed by the Training Manager, to meet the needs of Team leaders, business and statutory/mandatory requirements,
- Ensure compliance with the ongoing competence management for GTR Safety Critical Staff at the Depot
- Carry out site inductions for staff, visitors and contractors
- Maintain own competence in pre identified operational activities and in the application of relevant sections of the GTR Safety Management System pertinent to the role of a Depot Operations Training Manager
You should possess and demonstrate the following:
- Proven track record of competence management and training experience in a Railway environment
- Knowledge of occupational Health and safety legislation and applicable standards
- Competence in Personal Track Safety (PTS)
- Competent to investigate accidents and incidents with the objective of identifying immediate and basic underlying causes and make associated recommendations to prevent re-occurrence
The successful candidate will enjoy free travel on GTR network, discounted travel on other train operating companies, final pension salary scheme and much more.
Closing date for all completed applications Sunday 24th September 2017 at 23.45
|Job Profile document||Download|