Vacancy for Stakeholder Manager
|Job Title:||Stakeholder Manager|
|Salary:||competitive + excellent benefits including free travel on GTR services|
|Location:||Monument Place, London|
|Hours of Work:||Office Hours|
|Job Expires:||25 Sep 2018 at 11:45PM|
About Govia Thameslink Railway
Job Title: Stakeholder Manager
Location: Monument Place, London
Salary: Competitive + Great Benefits including free travel on our services
Reports to: Stakeholder Manager
Govia Thameslink Railway is a partnership between two world-class transport operators – the Go-Ahead Group and Keolis. With nearly 7000 staff across the South East of the UK, we are the largest train operating company in the UK, operating Gatwick Express, Thameslink Southern and Great Northern. We’re here to introduce ground breaking new technologies and carry out the biggest rail transformation in decades.
Working for us, you’ll enjoy great company and industry benefits, including free travel on our services (Gatwick Express, Thameslink, Southern and Great Northern) and huge discounts with other UK and international train operators, including London Underground. You’ll get a market leading pension, and fantastic discount schemes. Not to mention, an interesting and varied work schedule, in an environment where learning and progression is actively encouraged.
Now recruiting a dynamic Stakeholder Manager to Support Key Projects
Our Stakeholder Manager is responsible for ensuring that the messages which reach key external stakeholders are accurate, timely and fit for purpose. We have a diverse portfolio of stakeholders including MPs, local businesses, press and community groups. Your role will focus on managing correspondence with regards to key changes to our service, supporting the wider stakeholder management team with key projects. You’ll already be a confident writer with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ideally you’ll have experience of stakeholder communications during a period of change.
To succeed in this role, first and foremost, you’ll need a passion for accuracy and an empathetic writing style. You’ll be proactive when responding to queries and able to write in a convincing manner. You’ll be able to keep a calm head under pressure and be able to display high levels of organisation. Knowledge or experience of the UK passenger rail industry is also highly beneficial but not essential. Obviously, you’ll be adept with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other office packages.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Managing two members of staff
- Responding to letters and other correspondence from external stakeholders
- Supporting on communicating project purposes and milestones to a diverse audience
- Working alongside transport organisations, MPs, local businesses and travel groups to provide accurate and timely information.
- Drive engagement from external stakeholders and track communication levels
- Facilitate appropriate contact between senior GTR Managers and key stakeholders.
- Working collaboratively with the stakeholder team and wider business
- Liaison with the Customer Relations team to ensure common messages are shared externally
- Working with internal specialists to interpret complicated technical information and convey this to the business with simple explanations
- Attending stakeholder meetings (inc out of hours, when required)
- Writing communications plans and defining key messages
|Job Profile document||Download|