Vacancy for Infrastructure Engineer
|Job Title:||Infrastructure Engineer|
Safety Critical - please ensure you read additional information here
|Hours of Work:||Days|
|Job Expires:||21 Mar 2019 at 11:45PM|
About Govia Thameslink Railway
Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR) is a dynamic and progressive company, powered by a great team of dedicated and professional people. We employ approximately 6,800 staff based at over 100 locations over the UK’s busiest rail network.
About the role
We are looking for a team player to join us in Hornsey Depot, one of the largest depots in the UK, and time at our Bedford Depot, to drive safety and quality standards for GTR. You will be ensuring that all plant is compliant to specification and fit for purpose and that work undertaken meets the requirements of Fleet Standards and customer expectations.
Your objectives will be:
- Undertake fault finding and identify faults and solutions on Depot infrastructure using schematics and diagrams and investigate repeat failures.
- Carry out repairs or additional work arising from planned maintenance on Depot infrastructure and associated plant.
- Carry out like for like equipment changes on defective plant.
- Work effectively as part of a team, including taking the lead when appropriate.
- Comply with safety systems of working and responsibilities.
This is a varied role and you will need to have previous experience or looking for a promotion to this position.
What we can offer you:
· Final salary pension
· Free travel on GTR and sister groups
· 75% off travel on other train operating companies
· Benefits package
Please see our full job description to establish all the areas we require to enable you to succeed in this role.
|Job Profile document||Download|