Vacancy for Driver Resource Manager
|Job Title:||Driver Resource Manager|
|Hours of Work:||Earlies/Lates/Nights|
|Job Expires:||24 Aug 2018 at 11:45PM|
About Govia Thameslink Railway
Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR) is a dynamic and progressive company, powered by a great team of dedicated and professional people. We employ approximately 6,800 staff based at over 100 locations over the UK’s busiest rail network.
We operate trains on the Thameslink Route (which runs between Bedford, Luton, Sevenoaks, Gatwick and Brighton); Great Northern route (which connects King’s Lynn, Cambridge and Peterborough) Southern Route (which connects London, Gatwick and Brighton) and the Gatwick Express (London direct Gatwick).
We are the largest train operating company in the UK (22% of all passenger rail journeys in the UK); managing 239 stations and delivering 273 million passenger journeys per year, with more passengers, more people and more trains than anyone else in the country.
GTR is part of Govia - a partnership between two world-class transport operators – the Go-Ahead Group and Keolis.
We have two brand new opportunities in our Operations Team at Kings Cross to work as Driver Resource Manager.
You will be reporting to the Lead Resource Manager, ensuring that sufficient Train Crew are provided to run the services, and managing the day to day operations at the depot in order to provide a safe, reliable and punctual train service to meet customer expectations.
You will be expected to:
- Support and assist your team to consistently deliver high levels of performance in all Resource Manager activity.
- Managing Drivers and other relevant staff when they sign on to ensure they are in a fit and proper condition at both unsupervised and supervised depots.
- Ensuring that there is sufficient Train Crew available to provide the day-to-day services according to the daily plan in order to cause minimal delays to train services.
You should possess the following
- Thorough knowledge of conditions of service applicable to Train Crew
- Ability to lead and coach a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence
- Clear communicator both verbally and non-verbally
- Proven track record of line and resource management experience in a transport environment
The successful candidate will enjoy free travel on GTR network, discounted travel on other train operating companies, final pension salary scheme and much more.
- This role covers 24 hours Shift Pattern Monday to Sunday on Early, Late and Night 37 Hours per week.
All completed applications must be submitted by Sunday 19th November 2017 at 23:45
|Job Profile document||Download|