Vacancy for Amended Traincrew Diagram Planner
|Job Title:||Amended Traincrew Diagram Planner|
|Salary:||competitive + excellent benefits including free travel on GTR services|
|Hours of Work:||Office hours + flexibility where required|
|Job Expires:||03 Dec 2018 at 12:15PM|
About Govia Thameslink Railway
Govia Thameslink Railway is a partnership between two world-class transport operators – the Go-Ahead Group and Keolis. With nearly 7000 staff across the South East of the UK, we are the largest train operating company in the UK, operating Gatwick Express, Thameslink Southern and Great Northern. We’re here to introduce ground breaking new technologies and carry out the biggest rail transformation in decades.
Working for us, you’ll enjoy great company and industry benefits, including free travel on our services (Gatwick Express, Thameslink, Southern and Great Northern) and huge discounts with other UK and international train operators, including London Underground. You’ll get a market leading pension, and fantastic discount schemes. Not to mention, an interesting and varied work schedule, in an environment where learning and progression are actively encouraged.
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Short Term Train Planner. You will be working within our Train Planning Unit which is part of the GTR's Operational function.
The post involves the construction of Short-term adjustments to the permanent GTR timetable caused by essential works or special events. The successful candidate will work closely with Network Rail to generate compliant and efficient timetable variations whilst minimising the effect on the customer.
You should be able to demonstrate:-
- The aptitude to creatively develop train slots whilst understanding the infrastructure capabilities of the route
- The ability to economically adjust resources to fit the proposed train plan whilst ensuring the rail replacement requirements are robust and efficient
- A familiarity of timing and resourcing diagramming techniques within the ‘Voyagerplan’ train planning system
- A good knowledge of Network Rail operational and engineering planning procedures
- The determination to face challenging timescales and produce the quality output which is expected by external and internal customers
The post holder should have a relevant transport background and should be able to indicate some experience in the planning field. In addition, an understanding of the basic principles of railway operation and industry relationships will also be required.
A working Knowledge of Word and Excel IT packages is essential.
|Job Profile document||Download|