Vacancy for Internal Communications Specialist - Events
|Job Title:||Internal Communications Specialist - Events|
Safety Critical - click here to find out more
|Salary:||competitive + excellent benefits including free travel on GTR services|
|Location:||Go Ahead House, East Croydon/ Monument Place, London|
|Hours of Work:||office hours + flexibility when required|
|Job Expires:||21 Jun 2019 at 11:45PM|
About Govia Thameslink Railway
GTR is creating a new business strategy and organisation to deliver its aspirations for the franchise.
- Define the industry standard in service delivery and customer experience
- Build a sustainable high-performance organisation
- Deliver on our commitments to our stakeholders
This will be achieved by:
- Delivering ‘brilliant basics’ – doing what we do exceptionally well, day in, day out
- Shifting perceptions – making our customers, colleagues and stakeholders vocal advocates and promoters of GTR
- Building strong partnerships and relationships – developing true partnerships and strong relationships with all those we work with and for
Purpose of the role
This person has an important role to play within the Employee Experience Team at GTR. A team who play a crucial role in leading the people agenda across organisation and whose ambition is to be recognised and celebrated as a people centre of excellence within industry and beyond.
This role will have full accountability and responsibility for designing, developing and managing all internal events to provide an engaging experience for all colleagues in all areas of the wider business.
As the recognised specialist in this field you will have a good understanding about the needs of a wide variety of colleagues, will work closely with all Partners within the Employee Experience Team to ensure key communication messages, different methods of presentation, delivery and channels are used to provide engaging events.
You will be creative with a good level of experience in running events for an internal audience and will be prepared to explore new media and methods as well as respectfully embracing operational challenges.
You will set the blueprint for Events Management at GTR and will provide an expert consultancy support to engagement and communications colleagues in the local business units.
- Design, develop and implement an events management approach for all internal events at GTR
- Ensure a full calendar of Internal and External events is developed and communicated across the business to also gain buy in and support from other teams
- Create events that increase employee engagement at GTR
- Act as an internal consultant for all events planning and delivery, supporting Business Units
- Enable the development of internal communications colleagues in events management activities
- Using an insight led approach to ensure events achieve the desired business outcomes
- Influence key stakeholders to ensure that employee engagement remains a high priority for all events activities
- Embrace new technology and creativity to ensure GTR keeps ahead in internal events delivery
- Develop and implement an events management blueprint
- Create and communicate an Events calendar
- Ensure key business messages are woven into all employee experience events
- Develop crucial internal stakeholder relationships to ensure all internal events are consistent, professional and engaging
- Support delivery of the Internal Communications strategy leading to an increase in communication measures in the employee survey
- Work alongside key internal stakeholders to deliver skills interventions to support events management
- Help in the delivery of an increase in employees feeling valued as measured through the survey by also supporting in the management and coordination of external recognition events
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications
The job demands the following blend of experience/knowledge, skills and behaviours (all are essential, unless otherwise shown and will be assessed by application and/or interview/assessment):
- Experience of designing, delivering and leading successful engaging internal events
- Experience of delivering events to time and within budget
- Strategic ability in terms of being able to look up and ahead with what is required and influence key stakeholders accordingly
- Creative and with the ability to work across different methods (digital; media; print)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal that will provide the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Self-motivated, articulate, creative and possess excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Effective and efficient organisation skills with the ability to multi-task and work in a quick changing environment with different stakeholders
|Job Profile document||Download|