Vacancy for Health & Safety Advisor
|Job Title:||Health & Safety Advisor|
|Salary:||competitive + excellent benefits including free travel on GTR services|
|Location:||Go Ahead House, 26 – 28 Addiscombe Road, Croydon. CR9 5GA|
|Hours of Work:||Office Hours|
|Job Expires:||25 Sep 2018 at 11:45PM|
About Govia Thameslink Railway
Job Title: Health and Safety Advisor
Location: Go Ahead House, Croydon
Salary: Competitive + Great Benefits including free travel on our services
Reports to: Occupational Safety Manager
Govia Thameslink Railway is a partnership between two world-class transport operators – the Go-Ahead Group and Keolis. With nearly 7000 staff across the South East of the UK, we are the largest train operating company in the UK, operating Gatwick Express, Thameslink Southern and Great Northern. We’re here to introduce ground breaking new technologies and carry out the biggest rail transformation in decades.
Working for us, you’ll enjoy great company and industry benefits, including free travel on our services (Gatwick Express, Thameslink, Southern and Great Northern) and huge discounts with other UK and international train operators, including London Underground. You’ll get a market leading pension, and fantastic discount schemes. Not to mention, an interesting and varied work schedule, in an environment where learning and progression are actively encouraged.
About the Role
A new position has arisen in our Safety & Environment Department for a Health & Safety Advisor at our offices in Croydon. Reporting to the Occupational Safety Manager, you will initially be responsible for investigating public and employer liability claims, liaising on a daily basis with our Operational Teams and Claims Handlers.
This exciting role will form an important part of our team, initially developing how we investigate, manage and seek improvement opportunities from safety liability claims. This role will develop, with opportunities to be involved in and lead projects across the business to support the delivery of our ‘zero harm’ goal.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Day to day handling, processing and investigation of safety liability claims, liaising with GTR’s Claims Handlers
- Day to day involvement in safety related activities in order to reduce risk to customers and employees, driving a continual improvement in safety culture in pursuit of our goal of ‘zero harm’
- Be involved in and lead projects to improve safety management systems and reduce risk, including developing the claims handling system
- Raising awareness and understanding of the impacts of safety matters and the importance of effective safety management within our management teams
- Identification and communication of key learning points arising from investigations including those into safety liability claims
You will possess the following:
- Excellent communication skills across a range of stakeholders, with a proactive approach to managing workload, able to take the initiative in identifying practical and innovative solutions to challenges and issues
- Hold a recognised safety management qualification (i.e. IOSH Managing Safely, NEBOSH General Certificate etc.) or be prepared to work towards
- Hold recognised Risk Assessment and formal Accident / Incident Investigation Qualifications
- Experience in collating and assessing information from multiple sources, reaching clear conclusions and making relevant recommendations which will bring about improvements in performance
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive salary, eligibility to join our final salary pension scheme, free travel on all GTR Services and up to 75% on all other TOCs and many more benefits.
|Job Profile document||Download|