Vacancy for Train Service Operations Manager - York & Derby (ROC) 12 Months Fixed Term Contract
|Job Title:||Train Service Operations Manager - York & Derby (ROC) 12 Months Fixed Term Contract|
|Location:||York and Derby|
|Hours of Work:||Non shift|
|Job Expires:||16 Nov 2018 at 12:00PM|
About Govia Thameslink Railway
Now recruiting experienced Train Service Operations Manager
An excellent and exciting opportunity has arisen to recruit Train Service Operations Manager within our Network Operations team at York and Derby. The purpose of the Train Service Operations Manager is to deliver the day to day train service plan according to the timetable across a large geographical area, working closely with your Train Service Manager colleagues at Three Bridges, Sussex. You will be responsible for meeting any daily challenges that arise, from infrastructure constraints relayed by Network Rail to train failures and will be expected to manage these incidents to ensure our operational plan is delivered.
The Train Service Operations Manager position is one of the most challenging roles in the Network Operations environment. The unique geography within the service groups on GTR and the high frequency of service, requires an individual who can handle a fast paced, quickly changing environment and can meet this challenge with a proactive approach to thinking ahead and strategically planning for the next challenge just around the corner. The successful individual will play a major part in delivering some of GTRs daily performance targets and ensuring our customers get to their destinations in all types of challenging situations.
This position reports to the Duty Network Operations Manager within the Network Operations Organisation.
Key challenges of the role include:
- Reviewing the daily train service plan, taking ownership of key service groups and implementing any required changes due to infrastructure, fleet and crew availability in line with standards, procedures and processes.
- Liaising with Network Rail to develop and implement on the day, very short term train paths as necessary for train services, in order to balance the fleet and crew to deliver the required daily timetable.
- Working closely with Network Rail and other Train operating Company stakeholders to understand infrastructure restrictions and the consequential impact on train services.
- Developing and implementing alterations to the train service to maximise the use of the available network and ensuring the impact is kept to a minimum and alternative routes are offered.
- Assist with service recovery within your geographical area, acting as the representative for GTR as appropriate, ensuring that services are restored to normal as quickly as possible.
- Continually improve the customer journey experience through collating and analysing data, identifying enhancements to process, service delivery, recovery and operational management.
- Communicating to stakeholders and liaising closely with the Customer Experience team to ensure customers’ needs and requirements are met during disruptive events.
- Represent GTR’s interests at meetings or conference calls held to recover from incidents, delays or finalise arrangements for planned events. Chair such meetings as appropriate to drive GTR performance and resolve issues that may arise.
You will need to possess and be able to demonstrate:
- Several years’ experience within an operational environment, working within teams to deliver operational plans.
- Proven experience of working within a highly pressurised and fast paced environment and a good knowledge and understanding of how to implement and utilise operational procedures.
- Proven experience of working within a team to deliver joint goals and objectives.
- Good knowledge of the railway network and excellent knowledge of railway standards and processes.
- A strong leader, able to influence and persuade key stakeholders to deliver the best service and performance levels.
- Innovative and an intelligent thinker – able to look ahead and proactively plan to avoid problems and challenges before they occur.
- Able to adhere to operational plans and processes and understand the impact of the implementation on service quality levels.
- Energy for continuous improvement – always striving to better processes and standards to deliver industry leading experiences to our customers.
- Excellent analytical and computer skills – able to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other office or operational software packages as required, to monitor, record and improve GTR performance.
Your benefits will include free travel on the GTR network and other Go-Ahead Train Operators, discounted travel on other train operating companies (TOCs) and a final salary pension scheme.
Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR) is a dynamic and progressive company, powered by a great team of dedicated and professional people. We employ approximately 6,800 staff based at over 100 locations over the UK’s busiest rail network.
We operate trains on the Thameslink Route (which runs between Bedford, Luton, Sevenoaks, Gatwick and Brighton); Great Northern route (which connects King’s Lynn, Cambridge and Peterborough) Southern Route (which connects London, Gatwick and Brighton) and the Gatwick Express (London direct Gatwick).
We are the largest train operating company in the UK (22% of all passenger rail journeys in the UK); managing 239 stations and delivering 273 million passenger journeys per year, with more passengers, more people and more trains than anyone else in the country.
GTR is part of Govia - a partnership between two world-class transport operators – the Go-Ahead Group and Keolis
|Job Profile document||Download|