Vacancy for Driver Manager - Victoria
|Job Title:||Driver Manager - Victoria|
|Hours of Work:||Earlies, Lates, Weekends|
|Job Expires:||23 Jan 2018 at 11:45PM|
About Govia Thameslink Railway
Driver Manager- Victoria
We have an exciting opportunities for an individual with line management experience and who is motivated by a challenge to join the largest UK train operator as a Driver Manager based at one of our key depot locations, leading a team of Train Drivers.
From July 2015, 22% of all passenger rail journeys in the UK will be operated by Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR), managing 239 stations and delivering 273 million passenger journeys per year.
Driver Managers are responsible for delivering GTR’s vision, mission, objectives, targets and future strategy to grow and improve business, passenger and operational performance across GTRs routes
Reporting to the Area Operations Manager, this key role of Driver Manager will be required to lead and manage a team of Drivers in conjunction with other Driver Managers and Competency Development Managers to positively drive team performance through engagement and professional development. Through effective management and excellent leadership you will be responsible for delivering sufficient competent drivers in line with safety management standards and resourcing plans.
Effectively managing a team of Drivers, you will be their first point of contact for line management issues covering health, safety, welfare, job performance and competence.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years line management experience of leading a team within a large organisation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an experienced negotiator.
- Excellent interviewing skills and techniques.
- Proven record in delivery of results and achievements in staff engagement, team performance and providing high levels of customer service.
- Ability to establish rapport and credibility at all levels within the Company.
- Experience of proactively using management systems and processes to reduce organisational risk and improve key metrics.
- Previous railway operational experience is not a pre-requisite as training and development opportunities will be provided.
- Innovative, creative and highly motivated.
- Evidence of planning and organizing.
|Job Profile document||Download|