Vacancy for Assistant Service Engineer - Level 2 - Selhurst Repair Shop (Temp to Perm)
|Job Title:||Assistant Service Engineer - Level 2 - Selhurst Repair Shop (Temp to Perm)|
|Hours of Work:||Early/Lates|
|Job Expires:||22 Nov 2018 at 11:45PM|
About Govia Thameslink Railway
We are currently recruiting for Assistant Service Engineers - Level 2 to join our already successful Fleet team at Selhurst. This is a great opportunity to develop your Electrical and Mechanical experience in a new engineering environment. Our engineers are constantly supported in their competences and training, so that we produce excellent work. The size of our train fleet requires a complex engineering support organisation to control activities such as maintenance, engineering support and safety.
This role is a temp to perm role. You will be offered a fixed term contract for 6 months and a review will take place at the end of the 6 months where a decision will be made whether to offer you a permanent placement with GTR.
What we can offer you:
- Final salary pension
- Area allowance
- Free travel on GTR and sister groups
- 75% off travel on other train operating companies
- Benefits package
Key Role Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
The principal purpose will be to carry out repair work and routine maintenance, safety on trains to quality and fleet standards specification primarily on 377 units.
- Carry out component changes/heavy lift.
- Carry out examination on trains for faults.
- Comply with safety systems and procedures.
- Assist other team members as required.
- Record information accurately for work done.
- Provide information and regular feedback on work in progress and work done to team leader.
- Work effectively as part of a team.
- Use plant and equipment in accordance with your individual competence.
- Carry out general duties as required
- Experience/appreciation of semi-skilled mechanical/electrical work.
- DPTS required.
- Needs to be a good communicator both written and verbally
Familiar with rolling stock maintained at the depot
- Teamwork – Interacts with other in a sensitive & effective way; respects & works well wit h others creating a sense of team spirit.
- Quality Orientation – Shows awareness of goals & standards, ensuring that quality and productivity standards are met.
- Flexibility – Successfully adapts to changing demands, conditions and scenarios.
- Problem Solving – Identifies potential difficulties and their causes and generates workable solutions making rational judgements.
- Personal Motivation (Results Driven) – Commits self to work hard towards goals, displays a high degree of personal enthusiasm & commitment to the Company.
* subject to terms and conditions
|Job Profile document||Download|