Vacancy for Senior Internal Communications Officer - 6 Month FTC
|Job Title:||Senior Internal Communications Officer - 6 Month FTC|
Safety Critical - please ensure you read additional information here
|Salary:||competitive + excellent benefits including free travel on GTR services|
|Location:||Croydon and London|
|Hours of Work:||office hours + flexibility when required|
|Job Expires:||22 Mar 2019 at 11:45PM|
About Govia Thameslink Railway
Background and Context: GTR is a strategic grouping for four of the busiest rail companies in the country - Thameslink, Southern, Gatwick Express and Great Northern. The company has set an ambitious goal to cut safety-related accidents, assaults and operational incidents by half by 2021 on the principle that they are all preventable.
Zero Harm, the company’s new safety strategy, is designed to fundamentally transform the way we do things. As such, it is a high-profile behaviour-change programme targeting our safety culture and performance. It encompasses the company’s strategy to reduce the number of suicides on our railways and the rebranding of occupational health as GTR Health with a much more proactive focus.
Senior Internal Communications Officer
We are taking a business change approach to internal communications with the aim of raising the function from ‘business as usual’ to brilliant, in order to deliver the sort of engagement and behaviour change needed to deliver a safer, bigger and better railway. This role will play a key part in helping us to meet this goal. As such, we’re looking for someone keen to prove their game-changing credentials.
This role has been developed with the specific aim of being embedded within the Zero Harm team and working exclusively on the culture change programme. The post-holder will report into the Head of Internal Communications currently located at Monument in London.
The Senior Internal Comms Officer for Zero Harm will work up and deliver the tactical plan for the behaviour change communications strategy. The role will suit a highly able junior who is keen to show off their impressive skills.
Job Spec: Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- At least three years’ experience in a communications role preferably in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in producing stand-out content for a variety of audiences, channels, and media
- Experience of message formulation and matching tone to message and audience, and effective channel choices
- Demonstrable experience in delivering effective tactical communications with tangible results in line with a strategy
- Excellent writing and editing skills and an understanding of how to construct a news article and compelling case studies
- An understanding of internal communications planning, including audience insight, delivery and evaluation
- Experience of behaviour-change communications highly desirable
- Experience of creative comms solutions (i.e. outside traditional channels) and creative campaigns highly desirable
- Confidence dealing with managers as well as good verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable experience of working effectively unsupervised as well as being a strong team player
- Qualified to degree level or have a professional qualification in either journalism or communications, or a demonstrable level of equivalent experience.
- Journalism background highly desirable
|Job Profile document||Download|