Vacancy for Area Manager - driver depots (Coast)
|Job Title:||Area Manager - driver depots (Coast)|
|Salary:||Competitive+ Excellent Benefits including free travel with GTR, and reduced travel with other train operators (Including London Underground)|
|Hours of Work:||Office Hours + Flexibility when required on call|
|Job Expires:||15 Jan 2019 at 12:00PM|
About Govia Thameslink Railway
Area Manager - driver depots (Coast)
Are you a motivated passionate and experienced leader who can inspire a team of managers to engage and lead a large team of frontline staff? Do you thrive in challenging, busy and dynamic environments?
An exciting opportunity has arisen at the forefront of Southern’s operation. The role of Area Operations Manager is an integral part of the leadership team, leading over 250 drivers and 20 managers to deliver an excellent customer service during a period of huge transformation. This is the perfect opportunity for someone ready to make a real impact in shaping frontline operations.
To be successful in this role, you will be a competent and experienced leader, preferably with an operational background. Experience in the rail industry is not essential.
With 300,000 passengers traveling daily you’ll quickly come to understand the core processes underpinning our operation and take action to improve the way we deliver train services. To enable this you will develop strong relationships with key stakeholders and work collaboratively with trade unions; these are key areas so the successful applicant will display and utilise advanced communication skills and possess the right behaviours.
Key responsibilities include:
- Proactive management of productivity including attendance management
- Management of competence and safety standards
- Through continuous liaison with the operations, engineering and commercial teams within GTR and key suppliers (especially Network Rail), proactively identify and implement opportunities to improve train service performance.
- Delivering the resource plan and financial budget for the specified depots
- Responsible for the delivery of customer service standard
- Work effectively with the local trade union representatives, resource managers and roster clerks to ensure that all rostering activities are completed in the most effective and efficient manner, giving maximum productivity from the available resources.
In return, you’ll be rewarded with an interesting and varied work schedule, in an environment where learning and progression is actively encouraged. You’ll enjoy great company and industry benefits, including travel on our services (Southern, Gatwick Express, Thameslink, and Great Northern) as well as the support of a passionate team. You’ll get a market leading pension, as well as discounts with many retailers. You’ll be fulfilling a role that is integral to our continued success across almost a quarter of all UK rail journeys.
Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR) is a dynamic and progressive company, powered by a great team of dedicated and professional people. We employ approximately 7,000 staff based at over 100 locations over the UK’s busiest rail network.
We operate trains on the Thameslink Route, Great Northern route, Southern Route and the Gatwick Express. We are the largest train operating company in the UK (22% of all passenger rail journeys in the UK); managing 239 stations and delivering 273 million passenger journeys per year.
GTR is part of Govia - a partnership between two world-class transport operators – the Go-Ahead Group and Keolis.