Vacancy for Station Manager (6 months secondment) - TL North Area
|Job Title:||Station Manager (6 months secondment) - TL North Area|
|Location:||TL North Area|
|Hours of Work:||37 hrs per week|
|Job Expires:||24 Oct 2017 at 12:20PM|
About Govia Thameslink Railway
Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR) is a dynamic and progressive company, powered by a great team of dedicated and professional people. We employ approximately 6,800 staff based at over 100 locations over the UK’s busiest rail network.
We operate trains on the Thameslink Route (which runs between Bedford, Luton, Sevenoaks, Gatwick and Brighton); Great Northern route (which connects King’s Lynn, Cambridge and Peterborough) Southern Route (which connects London, Gatwick and Brighton) and the Gatwick Express (London direct Gatwick).
We are the largest train operating company in the UK (22% of all passenger rail journeys in the UK); managing 239 stations and delivering 273 million passenger journeys per year, with more passengers, more people and more trains than anyone else in the country.
GTR is part of Govia - a partnership between two world-class transport operators – the Go-Ahead Group and Keolis.
We have an exciting opportunity available as a Station Manager to be based on the Thameslink Passenger Service Directorate. The Station Manager will be accountable for leading and developing the stations team to provide an excellent customer experience.
Reporting to the Route Manager TL and the Area Manager North, this role will lead the day to day station operations ensuring they are delivered in line with company expectations.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for delivering benefits for passengers through a period of sustained operational and structural change including:
- Station teams deliver excellent customer service to all customers and positively influence PEM results and GTR customer perception.
- Day to day station operations are delivered in line with company expectations.
- Stations are maintained to the highest standards.
- Embed and develop a robust sustainable safety culture is which protects our customers and employees and significantly improves overall safety performance.
- Effective service disruption plans are implemented that address customer needs.
- Increased levels of staff engagement within the team in line with GTR’s vision and values.
- Ticket gates are efficiently managed to reduce ticketless travel.
- A team ethos is developed and strives to improve customer satisfaction.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Lead, direct and motivate the Station teams to deliver the agreed customer service strategies ensuring that a climate of continual improvement is embedded across the team.
- Responsible for all people management activities of team including welfare, performance, attendance, disciplines, grievances and training.
- Develop a strong working relationship with the operations team to positively influence customer satisfaction.
- Deliver a high profile management style, being visible on the station, monitoring standards, talking to customers and building relationships.
- Ensure and embed a safety culture that addresses the acceptance of risk and introduces personal accountability and ownership of safety related issues.
- Deploy front line employees during disruption to meet the needs of the customer ensuring that all company standards are met.
- Deliver a safe and reliable train service in ensuring that train dispatch related incidents and delays are kept to a minimum, as well as working on performance Visualisation Board sand improvement plans.
- Be a key player with local community stakeholders to the station(s) for which they are responsible.
- Assist in the delivery of station investments works being, including premise work and improvement works to leased areas, are carried out to the specified standards, with minimal disruption to the customer.
If you have previously applied for this role or any other customer service, gateline or stations role and been unsuccessful in the last 6 months of the closing date, please do not reapply as you will be automatically rejected.
|Job Profile document||Download|