Vacancy for Safety Standards Development Manager
|Job Title:||Safety Standards Development Manager|
|Salary:||competitive + excellent benefits including free travel on GTR services|
|Hours of Work:||office hours + flexibility when required|
|Job Expires:||22 Jan 2019 at 11:45PM|
About Govia Thameslink Railway
Job Title: Safety Standards Development Manager
Location: Go Ahead House, East Croydon
Salary: Competitive + Great Benefits including free travel on our services
Reports to: Head of Systems and Standards (Safety & Environment)
Govia Thameslink Railway is a partnership between two world-class transport operators – the Go-Ahead Group and Keolis. With nearly 7000 staff across the South East of the UK, we are the largest train operating company in the UK, operating Gatwick Express, Thameslink Southern and Great Northern. We’re here to introduce ground breaking new technologies and carry out the biggest rail transformation in decades.
Working for us, you’ll enjoy great company and industry benefits, including free travel on our services (Gatwick Express, Thameslink, Southern and Great Northern) and huge discounts with other UK and international train operators, including London Underground. You’ll get a market leading pension, and fantastic discount schemes. Not to mention, an interesting and varied work schedule, in an environment where learning and progression are actively encouraged.
Are you experienced in developing and integrating Safety & Environment Standards?
Have you ever created and implemented a structured Safety Training Programme within an organisation?
Do you have a NEBOSH Certificate, a Risk Assessment Qualification and an Audit Qualification?
We are looking for a proactive Safety Standards Development Manager with excellent communication skills to join our dynamic organisation.
You will be an essential part of our Safety & Environment Department, responsible for the leadership and delivery of key areas, including the development of GTR Safety & Environment Standards within the team as well as providing support with the implementation of the Health & Safety Management System.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Developing a full suite of Safety Standards and Procedures
- Producing guidance and other support materials, including GTR Rule Book Appendix, to support end users in implementing the requirements of Safety Standards and Procedures
- Seeking new and innovative ways to embed and deliver the requirements of Safety Standards and Procedures
- Implement systems and processes to identify key learning points and supporting continuous improvement of Safety within GTR
- Working with the Learning & Development Team to support in the introduction of a suite of Safety Training Courses
- Building and maintaining relationships with External Bodies (i.e. Network Rail) to ensure a coordinated approach to implementing new procedures.
- Creation and distribution of Driver Licences in accordance with EU driver licensing arrangements
This role is based at Go Ahead House, East Croydon.
|Job Profile document||Download|