Vacancy for Gateline Team Leader - East Croydon
|Job Title:||Gateline Team Leader - East Croydon|
Safety Critical - click here to find out more
|Training Salary:||£18,900 + Regional Allowance|
|Salary:||c£25,200 + Regional Allowance + Sundays|
|Hours of Work:||Early / Lates|
|Job Expires:||26 Jun 2019 at 11:45PM|
About Govia Thameslink Railway
This role is based at one of the UKs busiest stations and you will be ensuring that the day to day running of the station is to the highest standards for our customers.
As the Gateline Team Leader you will be responsible for delivering a safe, attractive retail station environment; participating in the safe running of trains and a safe station environment by complying with procedures, promoting all relevant marketing literature and service information and providing the highest possible standard of advice, information and service to our customers.
On a day to day basis you will be leading the gateline team and assisting people with their tickets and luggage as well as proactively providing travel advice and guidance. You must be comfortable in leading your leading team and providing them the support and development they need to enable them to perform their roles effectively.
Whatever the role you will be passionate about delivering outstanding customer service each and every time. You will often be the first and last person our customers will meet on their journey and it is therefore a vital role for making our customers’ day!
Due to the shift times you must live in the local area and have available independent transport to ensure that you arrive at the station for the first shift and work your last shift as required as there may not always be a train service available.
All roles may involve standing for long periods of time, working weekends and bank holidays.
Experience / Skills / Requirements
- A demonstrable ability to engage, lead and motivate your team
- A proactive approach coupled with passion and ability to support and develop your team
- Exceptional levels of customer service, each and every time – you will be a role model for others to follow
- Demonstrable experience of managing customers effectively in difficult environments.
- Due to the shift times, which will vary, you must live in the local area and have available independent transport.
- An effective communicator and must be able to demonstrate this both through your application and or assessments.
- Confidence to make decisions in a customer focused manner and carry out instructions effectively
|Job Profile document||Download|