Vacancy for Area Operations Manager - Train Crew Management (Great Northern Route)
|Job Title:||Area Operations Manager - Train Crew Management (Great Northern Route)|
Safety Critical - click here to find out more
|Location:||Kings Cross Station|
|Hours of Work:||Office Hours + Flexiblity when required on call|
|Job Expires:||28 Apr 2019 at 11:45PM|
About Govia Thameslink Railway
An exciting opportunity has arisen at the forefront of GTR’s operation. The role of Area Operations Manager is an integral part of the leadership team, leading around 250 drivers and managers to deliver an excellent customer service. This is the perfect opportunity for someone ready to make a real impact in shaping frontline operations.
To be successful in this role, you will be a competent and experienced manager, preferably from a railway operational background.
With 300,000 passengers traveling daily you’ll quickly come to understand the core processes underpinning our operation and take action to improve the way we deliver train services. To enable this you will develop strong relationships with key stakeholders and work collaboratively with trade unions; these are key areas so the successful applicant will display and utilise advanced communication skills and possess the right behaviors.
Key responsibilities include
- Proactive management of productivity including attendance management
- Management of competence and safety standards
- Through continuous liaison with the operations, engineering and commercial teams within GTR and key suppliers (especially Network Rail), proactively identify and implement opportunities to improve trains service performance.
- Delivering the resource plan and financial budget for the specified depots
- Responsible for the delivery of customer service standard
- Work effectively with the local trade union representatives, resource managers and roster clerks to ensure that all rostering activities are completed in the most effective and efficient manner, giving maximum productivity from the available resources.
In return, you’ll be rewarded with an interesting and varied work schedule, in an environment where learning and progression is actively encouraged. You’ll enjoy great company and industry benefits, including travel on our services (Thameslink, Southern, Great Northern and Gatwick Express) as well as the support of a passionate team. You’ll get a market leading pension, as well as discounts with many retailers. You’ll be fulfilling a role that is integral to our continued success across the almost a quarter of all UK rail journeys.
|Job Profile document||Download|