Vacancy for Operations Manager
|Job Title:||Operations Manager|
|Hours of Work:||Office Hours 9-5|
|Job Expires:||22 Oct 2017 at 11:45PM|
About Govia Thameslink Railway
Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR) is a dynamic and progressive company, powered by a great team of dedicated and professional people. We employ approximately 6,800 staff based at over 100 locations over the UK’s busiest rail network.
We operate trains on the Thameslink Route (which runs between Bedford, Luton, Sevenoaks, Gatwick and Brighton); Great Northern route (which connects King’s Lynn, Cambridge and Peterborough) Southern Route (which connects London, Gatwick and Brighton) and the Gatwick Express (London direct Gatwick).
We are the largest train operating company in the UK (22% of all passenger rail journeys in the UK); managing 239 stations and delivering 273 million passenger journeys per year, with more passengers, more people and more trains than anyone else in the country.
GTR is part of Govia - a partnership between two world-class transport operators – the Go-Ahead Group and Keolis.
A new position has arisen in our Operations Department as an Operations Manager on our Great Northern Route. You will be reporting to the Area Operations Manager and be responsible for managing a team of Competence Development Managers that in turn assess Driver skills and competence.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Work closely alongside the Senior Management Team to ensure we operate a safe and reliable working railway.
- To raise the profile of the routes performance through improved standards in relation to safety, assurance, professional driving standards, competence assessments and behaviours.
- To support the Competence Development Manager Team in their development..
You need to possess the following:
- Previous knowledge of managing a large team
- Strong leadership skills and behaviours
- Experience of forward planning, data analysis, risk management and continuous improvement planning.
- An operational railway background and driver competence will be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive salary, eligibility to join our final salary pension scheme, free travel on all GTR Services and up to 75% on all other TOCs and many more benefits.
Closing Date for all completed applications is Sunday 15th October 2017 at 23.45.
|Job Profile document||Download|