Vacancy for Competency Development Manager
|Job Title:||Competency Development Manager|
|Hours of Work:||Varies|
|Job Expires:||29 Mar 2018 at 12:00PM|
About Govia Thameslink Railway
Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR) is a dynamic and progressive company, powered by a great team of dedicated and professional people. We employ approximately 6,800 staff based at over 100 locations over the UK’s busiest rail network.
We operate trains on the Thameslink Route (which runs between Bedford, Luton, Sevenoaks, Gatwick and Brighton); Great Northern route (which connects King’s Lynn, Cambridge and Peterborough) Southern Route (which connects London, Gatwick and Brighton) and the Gatwick Express (London direct Gatwick).
We are the largest train operating company in the UK (22% of all passenger rail journeys in the UK); managing 239 stations and delivering 273 million passenger journeys per year, with more passengers, more people and more trains than anyone else in the country.
GTR is part of Govia - a partnership between two world-class transport operators – the Go-Ahead Group and Keolis.
We have a brand new opportunity for someone to join our Operations Department as a Competency Development Manager on our Great Northern Route at Hitchin.
You will be reporting to the Route Operations Assurance Manager, your role will be to develop and maintain high performing, competent and customer focused team of Train Crew through effective application of all competence and policy requirements.
You will be expected to:
- Ensure compliance with all requirements of GTR Operational Competence Standards and Policies
- Ensure all competence assessments are completed as planned and to the appropriate standard.
- To ensure any defiencies in Train Crew's performance are communicated to the Drivers Line Manager along with a proposed plan if the deficiency is competence related.
- Make full use of the simulators as part of every drivers ongoing competence ensuring a high degree of expertise in their operation.
You should possess the following:
- Knowledge and competence in all rules and standards applicable to train operation
- A1/A2 & L12 or equivalent, nationally recognised competence assessment and coaching qualification
- Ability to lead and a coach a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence
- Competent to drive traction units applicable to your operating area
Applicants must be a driver of trains.
All applications must be completed and submitted by Midday Thursday 29th March
|Job Profile document||Download|