Vacancy for Senior Designer
|Job Title:||Senior Designer|
|Salary:||Competitive + Great Benefits including free travel on our services|
|Location:||Monument Place, London|
|Hours of Work:||Office Hours + Flexibility when required|
|Job Expires:||29 May 2018 at 11:45PM|
About Govia Thameslink Railway
Job Title: Senior Designer
Location: Monument Place
Salary: Competitive + Great Benefits including free travel on our services
Reports to: Senior Content Manager
Govia Thameslink Railway is a partnership between two world-class transport operators – the Go-Ahead Group and Keolis. With nearly 7000 staff across the South East of the UK, we are the largest train operating company in the UK, operating Gatwick Express, Thameslink Southern and Great Northern. We’re here to introduce ground breaking new technologies and carry out the biggest rail transformation in decades.
Working for us, you’ll enjoy great company and industry benefits, including free travel on our services (Gatwick Express, Thameslink, Southern and Great Northern) and huge discounts with other UK and international train operators, including London Underground. You’ll get a market leading pension, and fantastic discount schemes. Not to mention, an interesting and varied work schedule, in an environment where learning and progression are actively encouraged.
Now recruiting an innovative and creative Senior Designer
To succeed in this role, first and foremost, you’ll need excellent design and illustration skills. You’ll have the ability to build relationships with internal managers and external agencies. You’ll enjoy working in a fast-paced environment at the cutting edge of industry technology, and enjoy working with copy to make the best content we can. You will be highly creative and adept at working with multiple digital design packages including Illustrator, InDesign and PhotoShop.
It’s an exciting time for our design team, with dynamic creative campaigns and an exciting, varied workload. The successful applicant will need to have significant experience with creative design within a corporate environment. A formal qualification in design or marketing (ideally at degree level) is essential.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Management of design of all campaigns and associated project work
- Develop house rules for brand alignment and check they are followed on all documents produced.
- Maintain good communication with project owners to swiftly progress projects towards completion
- Receive and record project briefs. Maintain, improve and expand an accurate electronic system to organise, record and archive projects
- Work with Brand and Product managers to evolve the Gatwick Express, Great Northern, Southern and Thameslink brands
- Engage with external agencies, including brand, creative, research and liaise over quotes, production of artwork, print etc.
- Management of the Design and Content Apprentice, ensuring that all creative, development and learning objectives are met.
This role will be based at Monument Place, adjacent to Monument Tube Station and only 10 minutes’ walk from London Bridge mainline station.