Vacancy for Platform/Gateline Assistant - Oxted
|Job Title:||Platform/Gateline Assistant - Oxted|
Safety Critical - please ensure you read additional information here
|Training Salary:||£18,987 + Regional Allowance|
|Salary:||£20,800 + Regional Allowance + Sundays|
|Hours of Work:||Early/Lates|
|Job Expires:||31 Mar 2019 at 11:45PM|
About Govia Thameslink Railway
You will be passionate about delivering outstanding customer service each and every time. You will often be the first and last person our customers will meet on their journey and it is therefore a vital role for making our customers’ day!
Due to the shift times you must live in the local area and have available independent transport to ensure that you arrive at the station for the first shift and work your last shift as required as there may not always be a train service available.
All roles may involve standing for long periods of time, working weekends and bank holidays.
Platform based roles are safety critical due to the direct involvement with the operational railway.
You will be responsible for delivering a safe, attractive retail station environment; participating in the safe running of trains and a safe station environment by complying with procedures, promoting all relevant marketing literature and service information and providing the highest possible standard of advice, information and service to our customers.
Experience / Skills / Requirements
- Demonstrable experience of managing customers effectively in difficult environments.
- You must be able to demonstrate a high level of numerical ability and as with all customer facing roles an exceptional level of customer service, each and every time.
- An effective communicator and must be able to demonstrate this both through your application and or assessments.
- Live in the local vacinity to be able to get to and work and home.
- Able to work alone at start or end of service