Vacancy for Area Manager (Stations) - East Croydon
|Job Title:||Area Manager (Stations) - East Croydon|
|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Location:||East Croydon, East Grinstead & Uckfield Area|
|Hours of Work:||-|
|Job Expires:||26 Aug 2018 at 11:45PM|
About Govia Thameslink Railway
This is an exciting opportunity for those who are passionate about customer service while thrive on having a challenging operational role. Keeping one of the busiest stations in the UK running is exactly what you will be responsible for. As the Area Manager (Stations) you will be accountable for the overall day-to-day management and performance of the station teams to deliver exceptional on-brand customer service through a period of sustained operational and structural change.
Reporting to the Head of Stations, this role will provide strong leadership and direction across the station teams to ensure that the company’s goals and objectives are fully understood and delivered.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:-
- Passion: You are a dynamic individual, used to working in a 24/7, customer driven environment. Ideally you will have experience from transport, retail or customer service industries.
- Safe Working Practises: We operate within a highly regulated and unionised environment, and safety is the backbone of our business. You must be used to working to strict regulations, and ideally you will also have experience with union staff.
- Leading people: You will demonstrate your commitment to expanding your reach and your team's by prioritising opportunities. Your team will be key to your success, and you will ensure that they are enthusiastic, rewarded and well trained.
- Strategic thinking: You will make clear decisions and drive innovation. You’ll need to maximize resources, add value to our businesses and evoke positive change.
- Inspiring performance: Your team will be looking to you as a key role model, and as you are centered, intuitive, creative, and reflective, they’ll be in good hands
- Exceptional influencing and negotiation skills: You have an innate ability to build strong relationships. You’ll spend time building relationships with your direct and indirect reports, but also with external stakeholders such as Network Rail, South West Trains, South Eastern, the Department for Transport, Customer Focus Groups and Rail Unions.
- Ability to learn quickly: Our stations offer fast paced, dynamic environments, where the customer is always present. You’ll adapt quickly, take ownership comfortably.
- Management Experience: You’ll be leading a team of direct reports, with overall responsibility for around 200 employees.
In return, you’ll be rewarded with an interesting and varied work schedule, in an environment where learning and progression is actively encouraged. You’ll enjoy great company and industry benefits, as well as the support of a passionate team. You’ll be fulfilling a role that is integral to GTR’s continued success across the almost a quarter of all UK rail journeys. Your package will include a market leading pension and some great travel benefits on all GTR services.
Closing date is 26 August although we reserve the right to close the role early should a suitable applicant be found in advance of this date.
|Job Profile document||Download|