Vacancy for Safety Support Specialist
|Job Title:||Safety Support Specialist|
|Salary:||Competitive+ Excellent Benefits including free travel with GTR, and reduced travel with other train operators (Including London Underground)|
|Location:||East Croydon, with travel across the GTR Network|
|Hours of Work:||Office Hours + Flexibility when required|
|Job Expires:||26 Oct 2017 at 11:45PM|
About Govia Thameslink Railway
Job Title: Safety Support Specialist
Location: Go Ahead House, East Croydon
Salary: Competitive + Great Benefits including free travel on our services
Reports to: Safety & Environment Performance Manager
Seeking a dynamic individual with excellent communication skills for our Safety Team
Being dedicated to safety is no laughing matter. In fact, it’s something that we at GTR believe in so strongly, we made it one of our core company values! Our dynamic safety team are at the heart of our business, ensuring that the safety of our customers and colleagues is a way of life within GTR.
Our Safety Support Specialists work closely with stakeholders across the network, as well as other TOCs, local authorities and Network Rail. The safety support specialist will provide support to the Safety Business Partner, developing and implementing innovative systems for gathering and analysing safety data. The successful applicant will need to have excellent communication skills, and the ability to pull information from multiple sources. A basic understanding of RIDDOR, or a qualification in safety would be an advantage to applicants but is not essential.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Using a variety of systems, and business relationships to obtain required information
- Conducting detailed, route specific analysis of safety-related data in order to identify and communicate trends to drive continuous improvement
- Producing customer focused safety reports to assist the Safety Business Partner in communicating key occupational safety matters.
- Development of user-friendly systems and processes which allow for easy and flexible access to safety-related data
- Ensuring the accuracy and relevancy of all data entered into databases
- Provision of administrative support to the Safety Business Partner – including preparation of meeting materials and background information to support presentations
- Develop innovative ways to present information to effectively communicate risks in a way that will support managers across GTR and inform decision making processes
In return, you’ll be rewarded with an interesting and varied work schedule, in an environment where learning and progression are actively encouraged. You’ll enjoy great company and industry benefits, including travel on our services (Thameslink, Southern, Great Northern and Gatwick Express) as well as the support of a passionate team. You’ll get a market leading pension, as well as discounts with many retailers. You’ll be fulfilling a role that is integral to our continued success across the almost a quarter of all UK rail journeys.
This role will be based either at Go Ahead House, Just 2 minutes’ walk from East Croydon Station, or at Kings Cross Station. Travel across the wider GTR network will be required.
Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR) is a dynamic and progressive company, powered by a great team of dedicated and professional people. We employ approximately 7,000 staff based at over 200 locations over the UK’s busiest rail network.
We operate trains on the Thameslink Route, Great Northern route, Southern Route and the Gatwick Express. We are the largest train operating company in the UK (22% of all passenger rail journeys in the UK); managing 239 stations and delivering 273 million passenger journeys per year.
GTR is part of Govia - a partnership between two world-class transport operators – the Go-Ahead Group and Keolis.
|Job Profile document||Download|