Vacancy for Senior Occupational Physician
|Job Title:||Senior Occupational Physician|
|Salary:||Competitive+ Excellent Benefits including free travel with GTR, and reduced travel with other train operators (Including London Underground)|
|Hours of Work:||Mostly Monday-Friday, occasional weekends and evenings|
|Job Expires:||24 Nov 2017 at 11:45PM|
About Govia Thameslink Railway
- Senior management post within the Health , Safety and Environment Department with operational responsibility within the Occupational Health Service
- Responsible for conducting clinical assessments professionally and competently and to the correct level (driver medicals, management referrals , health surveillance etc ) and provide medical reports on fitness to work , as appropriate, in compliance with GTR policies, practices and processes and Rail Industry Standards
- Responsible for interpreting results from health screening or diagnostic testing and advising on fitness to work, in compliance with statutory, industry or GTR standards.
- To ensure high quality clinical standards, ensure medical confidentiality and maintaining good clinical records using the company’s IT based systems and operating within the GTR clinical governance framework.
- Advise GTR on health policy matters and communicate effectively with the Senior management team
We operate trains on the Thameslink Route (which runs between Bedford, Luton, Sevenoaks, Gatwick and Brighton); Great Northern route (which connects King’s Lynn, Cambridge and Peterborough) Southern Route (which connects London, Gatwick and Brighton) and the Gatwick Express (London direct Gatwick).
We are the largest train operating company in the UK (22% of all passenger rail journeys in the UK); managing 239 stations and delivering 273 million passenger journeys per year, with more passengers, more people and more trains than anyone else in the country.
GTR is part of Govia - a partnership between two world-class transport operators – the Go-Ahead Group and Keolis.