Vacancy for Team Technician - Inspection Shed, Selhurst
|Job Title:||Team Technician - Inspection Shed, Selhurst|
|Salary:||45,751.00 plus a London Allowance of £1,813.00 pa|
|Hours of Work:||E/L/N|
|Job Expires:||25 Oct 2017 at 12:14PM|
About Govia Thameslink Railway
Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR) is a dynamic and progressive company, powered by a great team of dedicated and professional people. We employ approximately 6,800 staff based at over 100 locations over the UK’s busiest rail network.
We operate trains on the Thameslink Route (which runs between Bedford, Luton, Sevenoaks, Gatwick and Brighton); Great Northern route (which connects King’s Lynn, Cambridge and Peterborough) Southern Route (which connects London, Gatwick and Brighton) and the Gatwick Express (London direct Gatwick).
We are the largest train operating company in the UK (22% of all passenger rail journeys in the UK); managing 239 stations and delivering 273 million passenger journeys per year, with more passengers, more people and more trains than anyone else in the country.
GTR is part of Govia - a partnership between two world-class transport operators – the Go-Ahead Group and Keolis.
As a Team Technician you will be responsible for providing a prompt high level technical support to ensure production deadlines are not compromised by rolling stock technical problems. The size of our train fleet requires a complex engineering support organisation to control activities such as maintenance, engineering support and safety. You will require working knowledge of rollingstock to apply for this role.
Key Role Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide technical expertise/advice.
- Has authority to make technical decisions within the guidelines of Fleet Technical and Railway Group Standards.
- Prove secondary (in depth) fault finding, including investigation into repeat failures.
- Provide incident testing service, brakes, doors, WSP and Traction etc.
- Provide a test run service.
- Provide information/feedback to Production Manager/Fleet Technical Department/
- Ensure that standards are met and procedures are followed.
- Brief/advise/coach staff.
- Input appropriate data to IT systems.
- Comply with safety systems and responsibilities.
- Assist as required.
- Served an apprenticeship or equivalent supported by appropriate technical studies.
- Demonstrable experience of working with rolling stock.
- Proven technical fault finding track record.
- Familiar with rolling stock maintained at Selhurst Depot.
- Problem Solving & Analysis - Analyses issues and breaks them down into components parts. Makes systematic and rational judgements based on relevant information.
- Flexibility - Successfully adapts to changing demands, conditions and scenarios.
- Teamwork - Develops effective and supportive relationships with colleagues and creates a sense of team spirit.
- Specialist Knowledge – Understands technical or professional aspects of work and continually maintains technical knowledge.
What we can offer you:
- Final salary pension
- Free travel on GTR and sister groups
- 75% off travel on other train operating companies
- Benefits package
Please see the full job description for further information.