Vacancy for Senior Communications Project Manager, On Time Railway - 6 Month FTC
|Job Title:||Senior Communications Project Manager, On Time Railway - 6 Month FTC|
Safety Critical - please ensure you read additional information here
|Salary:||competitive + excellent benefits including free travel on GTR services|
|Location:||Monument Place, London|
|Hours of Work:||office hours + flexibility when required|
|Job Expires:||22 Mar 2019 at 11:45PM|
About Govia Thameslink Railway
GTR is a strategic grouping for four of the busiest rail companies in the country - Thameslink, Southern, Gatwick Express and Great Northern. We have more trains running to and through the core of London than ever in the history of the capital.
Along with the rest of the rail industry, measuring how well we perform is changing. From April this year, all train services across the country will be judged against how often they arrive and leave bang on time.
The Senior Communications Project Manager, will work solely on the communications needs for establishing the new performance measure across the organisation so everyone understands the new requirement and works obsessively towards a service that runs on time.
The purpose of the role is to elicit the level of engagement and behaviour change needed from employees to deliver business and culture change. The role will embody the need to move from ‘business as usual’ to brilliant. As such, we’re looking for someone who is a game-changer.
The post-holder will run all related internal communications activity and some external (when appropriate) which will take in everything from developing and delivering creative campaigns; organising driver surgeries and the required comms collateral for them; and collating feedback to help shape and develop a highly creative, long-term communications campaign for the programme.
We’re looking for someone who can work strategically, creatively, innovatively and tactically. We are looking for someone who is keen to roll up their sleeves with high-impact, creative communications to help us on our journey to a safer, bigger, better rail service.
Job Spec: Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrable experience of converting business needs into effective communications strategies, and plans with quantifiable results
- Demonstrable experience of communications that effect tangible behaviour change
- At least five years’ experience of both running, designing and delivering communications activities – internal and external – preferably in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrable experience of developing and delivering creative campaigns (i.e. including non-traditional channels)
- Demonstrable experience of working across and with different operational teams as well as with a corporate communications team
- Demonstrable experience of producing game-changing high quality, relevant content for a variety of audiences, channels, and media and a sophisticated understanding of audience insight, delivery and evaluation
- A great networker, and an ability to elicit confidence in every level of colleague across the business
- Excellent writing and editing skills and an understanding of how to construct a news article and converting case studies into compelling stories
- Experience of big infrastructure projects desirable
- Experience of evaluation tools and metrics
- Knowledge and experience of SharePoint, 0365 tools and internal social media
- Qualified to degree level or have a professional qualification in either journalism or communications, or a demonstrable level of equivalent experience
|Job Profile document||Download|