Vacancy for Station Manager - Coastal Area
|Job Title:||Station Manager - Coastal Area|
|Salary:||£32,000 + benefits|
|Hours of Work:||-|
|Job Expires:||31 Jan 2018 at 11:45PM|
About Govia Thameslink Railway
This is an exciting opportunity for those who are passionate about customer service while thrive on having a challenging operational role. Keeping some of the busiest stations in the UK running is exactly what you will be responsible for.
As the Station Manager you will provide strong leadership and direction across the station teams to ensure that the company’s goals and objectives are fully understood and delivered.
Reporting to the Area Station Manager, this role will lead the day to day station operations ensuring they are delivered in line with company expectations through a period of sustained operational and structural change.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:-
- Passion: You are a dynamic individual, used to working in a 24/7, customer driven environment. Ideally you will have experience from transport, retail or customer service industries.
- Safe Working Practises: We operate within a highly regulated and unionised environment, and safety is the backbone of our business. You will ensure and embed a safety culture that addresses the acceptance of risk and introduces personal accountability and ownership of safety related issues.
- Lead, direct and motivate the Station teams to deliver the agreed customer service strategies ensuring that a climate of continual improvement is embedded across the team.
- Inspiring performance: Your team will be looking to you as a key role model, and as you are centered, intuitive, creative, and reflective, they’ll be in good hands
- Ability to learn quickly: Our stations offer fast paced, dynamic environments, where the customer is always present. You’ll adapt quickly, take ownership comfortably.
- Management Experience: You’ll be leading a team of direct reports, with overall responsibility for around 40 employees.
- Responsible for all people management activities of team including welfare, performance, attendance, disciplines, grievances and training.
- Deploy front line employees during disruption to meet the needs of the customer ensuring that all company standards are met.
- Deliver a safe and reliable train service in ensuring that train dispatch related incidents and delays are kept to a minimum, as well as working on performance Visualisation Board sand improvement plans.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven track record of line and resource management experience in a transport environment
- Experience of influencing and delivering through others
- Proven ability to plan in a rapidly changing environment Track record of delivering Customer service in a transportation industry
- Ability to lead and coach a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence
- Clear communicator both verbally and non-verbally
- Planning and organisation to demanding timescales
- Able to investigate delays and incidents with the objective of identifying immediate, basic and underlying causes, and able to make meaningful recommendations to prevent re-occurrence
- High IT literacy, Interpreting data and understanding trends using various software
- Able to work within a Safety Critical role
- The roles will involve working shifts, which may include nights and also being on-call.
In return, you’ll be rewarded with an interesting and varied work schedule, in an environment where learning and progression is actively encouraged. You’ll enjoy great company and industry benefits, as well as the support of a passionate team. You’ll be fulfilling a role that is integral to GTR’s continued success across the almost a quarter of all UK rail journeys. Your package will include a market leading pension and some great travel benefits on all GTR services.
|Job Profile document||Download|